Hello hello friends!!!! Welcome to 2018!!! So excited to start another year and another adventure!! Today, I thought that I would share some of my highlights of 2017 and some of the things that I am looking forward to doing/changing in the new year! I first want to start off by saying thank you to each and every one of you for reading this blog because I was so hesitant about really putting myself out there and having others look at me and my work. The fact that you all are sweet enough to read what I write and that you communicate with me makes every single thing worth it! So thank you so very much for all of the love and support that you all have shown me over the past six months! With that being said, let’s get into this blog post!!
This past year has been a mixture of high and lows for me, but I am choosing to look back on the lows as ways to grow myself as a person. Here are some of the highs that I have experienced in 2017:
- Turning 25!!! I’m officially a quarter of a century old! I had the best birthday this past year with friends and family! I was able to take the day off from work and get my nails done before celebrating over dinner and drinks with some of my friends!
- Moving into my first apartment!!! #adulting: Two weeks after I turned 25, I applied for my first apartment and I got it! Getting all moved in and decorating my new little place was the best! I felt so proud of the independence that I gained, even though I’m still learning my way through a lot of different things such as budgeting and how to cook 🙂 🙂
- Relaunching my fashion blog!!!: So probably the best part of this year was relaunching XOXO, Kyia Dante and putting my whole heart into it. I have had the best time meeting other bloggers and gaining lots of community through this blog! I was able to collaborate with two fabulous brands, The Hugg Company and Frassai this past year and I couldn’t be more excited about what opportunities are to come with this blog this year!
And now for some of the lows because I like to be transparent with you all as a way of connecting with you all:
- My struggles with anxiety and suicidal thoughts: Two years ago, I was diagnosed with anxiety and I’ve been struggling with it for a long time. I am extremely insecure about the way that I look and it’s kept me from doing some of the things that I would like to do, such as going on dates or even going out with friends. I also sometimes felt that I don’t belong in the world and that the world would better off without me. So a lot of my darker days in 2017 were mostly due to these things.
- Deciding to quit my full-time job at Ross: So from about May 2016 to August 2017, I worked as an Area Supervisor/Manager at Ross to gain some retail management experience. Everything in the beginning was going well until about 4 months into the job, when I had a boss who didn’t think that I was performing well. I tried my very best to prove to her that I was a great fit for the job while not realizing that I was putting enormous pressure on myself, which in turn was making me have emotional breakdowns at least once a week. The pressures of the job really got to me and I was miserable that I was crying at work almost every day. Longer story short, I had to quit my job there because it was affecting my mental health so much.
With 2017 already come and gone, I am SO EXCITED to see what 2018 has in store! Here are a few things I’m hoping to accomplish:
- Taking more risks and chances: One of the things I am pushing myself to do is to take more risks and really challenge myself this year. I really want to push myself beyond my comfort zone and do more fun and exciting things! I tend to appear pretty outspoken, but in all actuality, I’m very afraid of what others will say about me so I tend to be quiet and reserved at times
- Take this blog to the next level: Another really exciting thing that I’m wanting to do this year is to really enhance the content on this blog! I’m so motivated to create some great content for all of you to enjoy this year and the start of the new year is the perfect time to accomplish this goal! Also, side note, please feel free to comment at the bottom of this post and tell me what types of content you want to see more of!
- To become more confident in myself and my abilities: For those of you who don’t know, I have pretty self-esteem due to multiple factors, but the biggest thing that keeps me from living my best life is my lack of confidence in myself. So this year, I am determined to love myself for who I am, once and for all!
- To overcome my struggles with my mental health and anxiety
- To amp up my fashion game: Can’t wait for this one! I want to start slaying the fashion game y’all!!
- Speak up for what I believe in and get educated on things that are happening in the world!
What are your goals/resolutions for the year?? I would love to know, please feel free to comment below and let me know your thoughts! With that being said, that’s all from me today! I will talk to you all again very soon! Have a great rest of your week!! Kisses!!!